Jakob’s list of creation tools
Tools that help me transform ideas from my imagination into real matter. They make it easier to communicate, visualize, and clarify my ideas.
Get inspired and use the list of tools to boost your creative output.
GoogleDocuments – Use it every day. A very powerful set of online software that includes documents, excel sheets, presentations, images, and more.
Miro – powerful collaborative whiteboard platform.
Balsamiq Wireframes – Great wireframe software for apps and website prototypes.
MindNode – Great visual tool for brainstorm and categorization.
Picasa – To quickly create A4 collages very quickly.
PLEX Cards – Playful experience cards
Method Kits – A series of powerful workshop cards
The Art of Game Design: A Deck of Lenses – A set of cards to get various perspectives on game design.
Interactive performance tech tools ideas
* Audio in sync with an audio splitter
* Simultaneous personal attention on video
* Dramatic journey with video build in Klynt seen on iPad – each step can be activated using NFC-tag, RFID, QR, or similar.
* Live video from stage amplified to a big screen
* Live video to performers backstage of the audience
* Avatar control with Walkie or phone w. headset
* Projecting generic computation
* Projecting interactive video using Kinect or other motion detection
* Button on an app to decide the major event
* Scanning environment or signals then bringing it to a virtual environment then see it in VR
* Capture scenes in 360 then play it in VR
* Using Skype to record from different locations
* Gather data about people in real-time using Google and other search systems then feed it to performer then use it to make a personalized story
* Drone footage
* Voice changers
* Remote control vehicles
* Night Vision
* Infra-red light sources (like IR diodes, a “laser-tag” gun, or an old remote control) are not visible to the naked eye but will show up on cameras. You can get remote control helicopters and tanks which have infrared “guns” and can register incoming IR “shots”.
* Projection on traced objects
* Remote control electrical switches for lights, PIR movement sensors, etc.
* Smoke machine
* Megaphone –
* Loudspeaker –
Interactive performance analog tools
* Tokens – such as poker chips, plastic chips,
* Playmobil – for modelling and mapping
* Stickers – For reward, marking objects, etc.